Clinics & Services
We aim to provide a wide range of general medical services at the practice, including:
- Diabetes - including insulin conversion
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - including spirometry.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Thyroid disease
- Osteoporosis - we have developed a questionnaire which helps us decide if you are at risk of developing osteoporosis. We would like you to fill in our questionnaire and return it to us. One of our clinicians will look at your answers. If we decide you fall into the group of people who may be at risk, we will send you an invitation to come into the surgery for a review. We may need to send you for a Dexa scan, a test which looks at your bone density
- Anti-coagulation clinic - the practice offers a monitoring clinic for patients who take Warfarin. At this clinic your INR level is checked and the dose of Warfarin required is calculated. This service is available on a Thursday morning and very popular and convenient for our patients as this avoids having to travel to the busy Stepping Hill Hospital clinic.
- Cervical cytology screening
- Child health surveillance
- Childhood Vaccination
- ECG tests
- Family planning & contraceptive services
- IUCD fittings (coils)
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Maternity services - the midwife holds an antenatal clinic once a week at the surgery on Wednesday afternoons. Please make your appointments between 13:30 - 15:45.
- Minor surgery services - we offer a range of procedures including joint injections, skin excisions, in-growing toe nail removal, etc.
- Travel vaccinations (basic NHS service; some vaccinations eg Yellow Fever are provided by specialist private travel clinics)