Statement of Purpose
Premises: Marple Cottage Surgery has been located at 50 Church Street, Marple since 1982, serving over 6,600 patients.
There are 10 consultation rooms; 7 of which are based on the ground floor, with 3 on the first floor. The ground floor is also served by a reception, two waiting rooms, a lobby, and a disabled toilet
There are three administrative rooms on the first floor, and a staff room and meeting room on the lower ground floor
Externally, the practice has a large car park for with 15 car parking spaces and 2 dedicated disabled car park parking spaces.
There is a DDA compliant pathway from the car park to the main entrance, along with steps to the nurse entrance.
People who will use our services:
Our services are available to the anyone living within our practice registration boundaries, which includes Marple, Marple Bridge, Romiley, Hazel Grove, Offerton, Mellor, Hawk Green, High Lane and Strines.
Regulated activities/services we provide:
Ø Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Ø Diagnostic and screening procedures
Ø Surgical procedures
Ø Family planning
Ø Maternity and midwifery services
The Aims and Objectives of Marple Cottage Surgery:
1. To provide high quality, effective, evidence based medicine and services, through
a culture of continuous learning, development and training, within a safe and
2. To create a partnership between practice and patient of mutual respect and holistic care, where patients are actively involved in their health care management
3. To review practice health outcomes to help demonstrate continuous improvement of management of patient health
4. To communicate health outcomes with patients, promote self-care and education; and encourage and support patients to lead healthier lives.
5. To ensure that highest level of information quality, security and confidentiality through maintaining effective and robust information governance systems
The name and address of the registered provider is:
Marple Cottage Surgery
50 Church Street
Registered Manager: Mr J Taylor
Managing Partner: Mr J Taylor
Tel: 0161 426 0011